I actually was able to finish this up the other day and give it to Nancy when the office reopened after Christmas.
I am SO HAPPY with how it turned out, but I’m going to make you wait a few minutes while I drop some in-progress pictures. Sorry!
First, I was able to get all the fabric colors I needed (and didn’t already have on-hand from years of collecting scraps) at Jo-Ann, AND I happened to get them at a great sale price — 2 for $3 versus $2.50 each. Score!!
I backed each piece with Heat’n Bond adhesive, just like I did with the felt. First I removed the paper backing from one side of the adhesive and ironed it to the fabric scraps. After it cooled, I removed the paper backing and applied it to my Curio cutting mat — the plastic-to-plastic helped keep the fabric from slipping while cutting. I cut with my Fabric Blade and these settings:
- Depth: 4
- Platform: 6
- Speed: 4
- Thickness: 25
Here is the pre-assemblage assemblage. I just lined up the cut pieces to get an idea of how boss this project would look, and… Keep reading »